Que significa akira toriyama dead
Ask me about Kakarot's power level. Go ahead... just ask.
There are over 9000 memes in Dragon Ball. Some examples:
Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. labelnote: ExplanationThe explanation behind the meme./labelnote Explanation Like this.
open/close all folders
- KAAA-MEEE HAAA-MEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Explanation If you were a kid during the 90s or 2000s (It depends on the country you lived when the series became popular), if you didn't replicate the moves and Large Ham of the series' most iconic attack at the playground a few (MILLION) times, you most probably did see other kids do it.
- "Therefore, every May 9th will be celebrated as Piccolo Day." Explanation After briefly taking over the world in the original Dragon Ball, King Piccolo declares that May 9th will be celebrated as a holiday dedicated to himself which will end with him destroying a city decided in a lottery. (the dub changed the date to 13th) Sites like Tumblr leapt upon this meme with repostings every, you guessed it, May 9th. Ironically, in real life, Japan declared May 9th "Goku Day". The original joke was likely intentional on Toriyama's part as May 9th can be read as Go (5) Ku (9).
ALL OF THEM?! explanation During their battle at the tournament near the end of Dragon Ball, Piccolo seemingly kills Goku with a ki blast that tears through Goku's chest...only for Goku to rise, alive and well, and mocks Piccolo for amazingly missing all of his vital organs with that shot. Piccolo responds with a loud and disbelieving "ALL OF THEM?!"
- "This isn't over yet. It'll continue for a bit longer." Explanation Muten Roushi says this to the readers at the end of the 23rd Tenka'ichi Budokai in the manga. Which then went to run for six more years.
Dragon Ball Z
- Toriyama planned to end it at the ________ arc. Explanation The alleged "intended" ending of Dragon Ball Z has become a commonly perpetuated urban legend among Dragon Ball fans.
- "It's OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAND!" Explanation One of Vegeta's lines from the first dub of Dragon Ball Z, refering to Goku's Power Level after his first return from the dead. Popular for its Narm, and used to describe any situation in which something is unexpectedly large, though it wavers in popularity every few years. It should be noted that the original line was "Over eight thousand" (Hassen ijou da!), and in fact, but it was changed to 9000 in the English dubs to better fit Vegeta's lip movements (in fact, the Latin-American Spanish dub at least kept it in 8000).
- New life was breathed into this after Anonymous got Oprah to say "over 9000 penises" on live TV.
- This is also combined occasionally with Disgaea, thanks to the game actually letting you level up to 9999.
- Even World of Warcraft has gotten in on the act by adding in an achievement called It's Over Nine Thousand! It's not widely known at this point since getting to 9000+ achievement points is easier said than done. However it is in there.
The King of Fighters eventually caught on as well.
- When the SH Figuarts was announced, a number of American fans suggested that it include a scouter-crushing hand accessory. The distributor, Bluefin, agreed, and the figure will indeed come with it.
- One of the most common instances of vandalism at The Other Wiki is to add Vegeta's line, or some variant or reference thereof, to the article for 9001.
Anti-Idle: The Game has several references to the number 9,001; most notably, the original level cap was 9,001, until it was raised to 9,002 in a later update.
- "I hope my body can take it." Explanation The various dubs are absolutely filled to the brim with Accidental Innuendo, and fans love to mock them and/or put them in Youtube Poops.
- "This isn't even my final form!" Explanation A quote mistakenly attributed to Freeza prior to one of his transformations in the Namek saga. Often accompanies pictures that resemble a disturbing or otherwise bizarre transformation and/or Super Mode of some sort; sometimes used to accompany images of things that resemble Freeza.
- Vegeta is a Fountain of Memes even by the standards of such a memetic series, "Over 9000" is only the most popular.
- "I'M A WARRIOR! Not some... VARIETY OF FLOWER!" Explanation In the Funimation dub, he makes this comment about the pink shirt he was forced to wear during the Trunks Saga.
- "THEN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO DIE!"
- "I AM THE PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS!"
- Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth!! Explanation While Vegeta is showering, he asks Bulma (servant woman) for a drying cloth. As Bulma is not in any way a servant, she is not pleased with this.
- "SAD FOR YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!" Explanation Like "Over 9000", anytime Vegeta inexplicably draws out his vowels (to better match the lip flaps) is about five times more likely to become a meme.
- "You understaaaaaaaaaand?"
- "YOU DO NOT HAVE TRUE PRIIIIIIIIIIDE!!"
- "I do a lot of push-ups and sit-ups. And I drink plenty of juice."
- Vegeta's morning breakfast includes the aforementioned plenty of juice, punks, Cell and very flat pancakes. Explanation In previous episodes, some of his badass boasts have included having punks, like Gohan, whom he was threatening, for breakfast, having Cell for breakfast (to coincide with him defeating him at the Cell Games) and liking his pancakes very flat, which is what he said to Goku during their first battle...while he was stepping on his legs after transforming into Oozaru.
- "Being a hero is highly overrated."
- Vegeta vs. Paperclips
Holy cosmos that's one whopper of a lizard!
- If Ocean Vegeta wants your opinion, he'll give it to you!
- "Whoa! Mondo cool!" "Yes, that's right boys. Mondo cool." Explanation Krillin's reaction to Goku's healing process in the Saiyan medical machines on Namek is "Whoa! Mondo cool!". The beginning of Vegeta's inner monologue after that line is to say "Yes, that's right boys. Mondo cool." While he's mocking them and it's said in a menacing tone, the ridiculousness of the line puts it in Narm territory.
- Get away from me, Kakarot! I'd rather lose my body than have anything to do with you! Explanation When Goku tries to convince Vegeta to fuse with him, but Vegeta refuses. The "lose my body" part is because Vegeta was dead at the time and only had his body because the gods were letting him use it to fight.
- Vegeta: Father of the Year. Explanation The fandom seems split as to this joke. Half say it because they honestly think Vegeta is a good parent. The other half say it because they remember how many times Vegeta almost got Bulma and Trunks killed.
- "That one was free." Explanation After Imperfect Cell gets a quick shot in at Vegeta, the latter utters this line...as we are treated to a close-up on his smirking lips with a trickle of blood running down from them, which he then wipes off. Many fans have commented on how suggestive this scene is.
- "¡Insecto!" Explanation Calling his opponents an "insecto" ("insect") basically became Vegeta's Catch-Phrase in the Latin American Spanish dub.
- "¡Ay! No sólo me robó las células, ¡también mis diálogos!" ("Oi! Not only did he steal my cells, but also my dialogues!").Explanation Continuing from the above, in one episode of the Cell Saga, Cell told Vegeta, Piccolo and Future Trunks that they were no match for him no matter how much they may have increased their powers, and in the dub calls them "insectos", to which Vegeta answers with that line. In the original anime, that line didn't exist, but Vegeta's Latin American Spanish voice actor René García ad-libbed it.
- "Vou te comer."Explanation The Brazilian dub's 235th episode title of Dragon Ball Z was very mocked in the country over the years as it sounds like a rape attempt in context. "Vou te comer" is literally "I'll eat you" in Portuguese, but "to eat" is a very common euphemism for forced sexual intercourse in that language. The dramatic reading of the title by the voiceover just made it funnier.
- Piccolo went from being usually The Stoic who sometimes snarked to quite the memetic snarker in the Latin American Spanish dub of Z, due to his LA voice actor Carlos Segundo's memorable ad-libs:
- "¡Mamá!" ("Mommy!") Explanation He shouts this after Radditz fires an attack against him.
- "¿Te digo la verdad o seguimos siendo amigos?" ("Do I tell you the truth or will we still be friends?") Explanation A Running Gag early on during the Buu Saga was that everyone found Gohan's costume as the costumed crimefighter "The Great Saiyaman" atrocious (except Goten, and even he ended up growing tired of it in Super). When Gohan asked Piccolo about it, this was his response in the dub.
- "No me molesten, ¡el que esté verde no significa que no esté maduro!" ("Do not bother me. Just because I'm green does not mean that I'm not ripe!") Explanation During the World Martial Arts Tournament held during the Buu Saga, some tournament organizers noticed him, and noting he was a very tall, green man, asked him about it, and in the dub Piccolo shooed them away with this line.
- "Es un color ecológico." ("It's an ecological color.") Explanation When Piccolo confronted Babidi in the Majin Buu Saga, Babidi also noted that Piccolo was a green man, but he instead joked that it must've been because Piccolo was scared of Majin Buu. This was Piccolo's response.
- ...Imma. Chargin'. Mah. Lazah. Explanation A picture of Cell with terribly photoshopped blackface using a Breath Weapon added. Subject to endless copies and parodies.
- "OH SHIT! Explanation A lovely piece of Gratuitous English and Obligatory Swearing that the German dub added to Cell when he faced Vegeta's Final Flash.
- "En ese momento, Cell sintió el verdadero terror." ("At that moment, Cell felt true terror.") Explanation What the narrator in the Latin American Spanish dub says in the closing of the episode in which Super Saiyan 2 Gohan effortlessly beat up the Cell Jrs., scaring Cell. Usually used alongside any sentence denoting something scary and a screenshot of Cell's Oh, Crap! face, as an equivalent of the "It was at that moment [X] realized, he fucked up" meme.
- "Are they still on Namek?" Explanation The Namek/Frieza arc was dragged out even by DBZ standards. Used to mock any Story Arc that has long worn out its welcome.
- This was eventually borrowed by the Bleach fandom to refer to the series similarly dragging on Soul Society arc. The next major Bleach arc was even longer, though.
- HFIL. Explanation "Home For Infinite Losers", from the Bowdlerization of the dub. Used as an Unusual Euphemism for Hell, such as "What the HFIL?".
- "I'll send you to the next/another dimension!". Explanation The Bowdlerised dub was firmly in Never Say "Die" territory, and its abuse of this phrase and variants similarly led to a lot of jokes at its expense.
- "SA-TAN! SA-TAN! SA-TAN!" Explanation From the Latin American Spanish dub, when people cheer for Mr. Satan, they say this. Reactions from English-speaking fans is to generally ask astounded how the hell did they get away with it. It's no wonder Funimation changed his name to Hercule.
- The "Yamcha pose". Explanation The pose Yamcha ends in after dying to a Saibaman (note Saibamen are nothing more than weak, personality-less mooks). It was basically Yamcha's Character Defining Moment (defining how weak he was), because Krillin went to kill three of these Saibaimen right after that, in a single attack. Used to mock anyone that is considered pathetically weak. Amusingly used in Super when Beerus nearly vaporizes Goku - the exact position and framing are recreated, with the difference being Goku barely survived.
- Yamcha's weakness in general is a meme, period. The man seems to be the Japanese equivalent of Charlie Brown or something. Krillin is given this treatment sometimes as well.
- Team Four Star's even written a song about it to the tune of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" (available for download on their website).
- Then there's Dragon Ball Z Abridged's portrayal of it in their abridged version of the already-abridged Dragon Ball Kai: "Yamcha's here!" (Cue explosion) "Yamcha's DEAD!"
- It eventually reached the level of an Ascended Meme.
- "HURRY UP GOKUUUUUU!" Explanation The line Krillin says after Piccolo is killed by Nappa. Because that was basically he (or anyone else) was all good for at this point: Stalling for time until Goku comes.
- "If they set that android free, it will be the end of all of us! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!" Explanation Trunks' hilariously Narmy response to Androids 17 and 18 attempting to release 16.
- "Você não é tão bom assim. É um fracassado." Explanation "You're not that good. You're a loser." A random, narmy line from the Brazilian dub. Sometimes combined with the "Deal with It" gif meme for maximum effect.
- The Ginyu Force pose. If there's a team in a series, someone has drawn them in this pose.
- To be more specific, Ginyu's pose has been mercilessly parodied. Explanation The pose consists of Ginyu sticking his rear out, bent over showing his head between his legs, caused attention like from Team Four Star.
- Japanese women teach their sons how to masturbate! Explanation One particular Moral Guardian's psychoanalysis of Dragon Ball, combining Freud with plenty of Insane Troll Logic. Except he thought it was Tarzan.
- NEXT TIME, ON DRAGON BALL Z! Explanation The melodramatic voiceover for the On the Next segment in the English dub gets lampooned a lot.
- In the Portuguese dub, when the episode is ending, there's "Não percam o próximo episódio, porque nós TAMBÉM NÃO! YES!" Explanation It means "Don't miss the next episode, because neither will we! YES!".
- Really, the whole dub is endlessly memetic. It's not hard to find clips of a lot the fourth-wall breaking and pop-culture referencing the show does. Like this one. Explanation Reportedly, the script the actors were given very frequently was either too short or had lines missing, leading to the actors ad-libbing a lot. Given how most of them were comedians, well...
- How many actors do you need for a good dub? Ten at the most, apparently.Explanation At any point in the dub's lifetime, there were never more than ten actors on board.
- "I LOVE CORNBREEEEEEAAAAAAAAD!!!!" Explanation Cell's final words before dying to Gohan's Kamehameha. He's actually shouting "I am perfect!", but it ends up sounding like he's shouting about his love of cornbread instead.
- "Thank you Goku I will take this bean without hesitation." Explanation A line from Funimation's Perfect Cell, wherein he accepts a Senzu Bean (which heals all wounds) from Goku. It's the odd way he pronounces it that sells it, which is why it's usually written without punctuation. Ironically, he does take the bean with hesitation.
- ME EAT YOU UP. ME EAT YOU UP. ME EAT YOU UP! ME EAT YOU UP!!! Explanation What Fat Buu chants while dancing towards Dabura with intent of eating him. As silly as it sounds it's actually quite disturbing.
- DRAGON, DRAGON! ROCK THE DRAGON! DRAGON BALL ZEEEEEE!!!!Explanation The chorus of Dragon Ball Z's first English dub theme song.
- I'm just saiyan. Explanation This obvious pun never actually appeared on the show, but is popular enough that it shows up in a lot of fan media such as Dragon Ball Z Abridged.
- Mocking the show's Spoiler Title format, especially when the preview for the next episode is spoiled by the next episode's title. "Frieza Defeated!" is the canonical one.
- Principal Skinner.Explanation In the Latin American Spanish dub of the series, many characters, including Nappa, Ginyu Force member Butter, one of Garlic Jr.'s mooks (Vinegar), King Cold, and Android #20/Dr. Gero, among others, are voiced by José Luis Castañeda, who's best known for also being one of the Latin American Spanish dub actors of Principal Skinner in The Simpsons. This has led to many fans to comment on YouTube videos of scenes featuring the characters cited above referring to them as Skinner. Made even funnier by the fact that another Latin American Spanish dub actor of Principal Skinner, Gabriel Pingarrón, went on to dub Dabura.
- "Your father [Bardock] was an average fighter, but a brilliant scientist!" explanation One of Vegeta's more non-sensical lines from the Ocean dub, claiming that Bardock invented the Power Ball technique that allows Saiyans to become Oozaru under artificial conditions. As portrayed in later movies, Bardock was a ferocious combatant and not particularly bright.
- (A crossover meme with Sailor Moon): ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)explanation An emote typically used as a 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink'. Is used en masse as a comment whenever figure collectors show off pictures of their DBZ figures — typically Goku — with a Sailor Moon figure close by. The reason for the emote is thus made plain to see. Also invoked when Bulma's replacement VA was revealed, and she also did the voice of Sailor Mercury, reviving the meme.
- AND THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!! explanation A line from the English dub after Goku first demonstrates his Super Saiyan 1 & 2 states before transforming into Super Saiyan 3 that has become popular to use in Beyond the Impossible situations.
- The piano of deathexplanation Vegeta's Super Saiyan theme is a piano number, and when it plays, the audience knows that someone is going to be destroyed
Dragon Ball videogames
- "You're going to give me some pleasure right?" explanation Perfect Cell's pre-match taunt in the English dub of the 1997 video game Dragon Ball (GT): Final Bout.
- "Okay planet, give me that stupid energy!" explanation The line said by Cell when he uses his Spirit Bomb ultimate in Budokai 3, which has made way for many jokes about how his Spirit Bomb is powered by the energy of stupidity.
- "The Big Gete Star enabled me to cheat death! How could this be!?" Explanation A possible line that Metal Cooler says when defeated in Dragonball Xenoverse 2. The problem is, you often fight many Metal Coolers, so you'll hear this line over and over and over again. Popularized by Team Four Star during their Let's Play of the game.
- The Masked Saiyan definitely isn't someone named Bardock at all, really.Explanation The very fact that it is incredibly obvious who the Masked Saiyan in Xenoverse 2 is but yet, the game pretends the identity to be a complete mystery and expects the player to be all surprised and shocked when he is unmasked. Fans decides to play along with it and jokes that he could be someone else, like Future Goten or an alternate Goku for instance.
- "Time to make the donuts". Explanation An odd pre-match quote Hit does when being selected in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. It's such a bizarre quote for someone like Hit to say that fans, naturally, took out of proportions, to the point people think they are Hit's Trademark Favorite Food. Eventually, Hit said this line in the actual dub for Super.
- "This is the Stance!!!" Explanation Yet another Hit quote, this time from Dragon Ball Fighter Z. However, the line is said with such good delivery (courtesy of his new voice actor, Matthew Mercer) that people use it in a more positive light.
Dragon Ball Z movies
- Space Warriors explanation In the Big Green Dub, the Saiyans are often called "Space Warriors". This leads to narmful of dialogue such as Broly being called the "Legendary Warrior of Space".
- Broly (and his movies), for the Japanese fanbase at least, is a goldmine of memes.
\デデーン/ explanation in the Japanese version, when Broly blows up the slave aliens' planet, there's an out of place dramatic sound effect that plays.
- "10円!!" explanation a Mondegreen of Piccolo's shout while charging towards Broly. Translates to "10 yen". Has became a Fan Nickname for Piccolo in parts of the Japanease fanbase.
- "DOOR!?" explanation similarly, a Mondegreen of Paragus' grunt when he gets knocked away by Broly.
- His power is maximum. explanation An 8-year old boy responded to the question "If you were a superhero, who would you be?" by answering with Broly. His reasoning for the choice is "His power is maximum."
- One of the most memorable moments in any Non-Serial Movie is the point where Super Android 13 hits Goku right in the dragon balls.
- "Frieza decided to train for the first time in his life." explanation The official explanation Frieza gives for his immense power boost in Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ is because he actually decides to train, making him the first villain to unlock his power the old-fashioned way. Made all the more outstanding by the sheer amount of power he gains from it, as he goes from being weaker than a fatigued Super Saiyan to being on par with a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
- Hhmm, If I don't eat rice, the power won't come! explanation A line from Speedy's dub of the Return of Cooler.
Dragon Ball GT
- Professor Omega explains the workings of positive and negative energy. Explanation Omega Shenron in general has become a meme in character form in the fandom, due to his incredibly overacted lines and the general ridiculousness of his existence, alongside his constant need to mention the power of NNNNNEGATIVE ENERGY.
- "Old Man Krillin is unbeatable." Explanation The fact that an elderly Krillin was able to land a hit on Goku during their friendly fight at the end of Dragon Ball GT (Goku was obviously not fighting at full power) has prompted a meme that Old Man Krillin is a Memetic Badass who could beat anyone with ease.
- "Dragon Ball GT doesn't exist." Explanation GT, the anime-only sequel to the series, is generally agreed to be of very poor quality compared to the rest of the series, so fans like to simply pretend it never happened at all. Note that, while Toriyama supports the series, he has also suggested that it takes place on an Alternate Continuity, as its events tend to conflict with those of Super, though some fans still invoke Death of the Author.
- "GT Logic." Explanation Phrase used to explain any of the major inconsistencies in characters' abilities and/or attributes in GT. While it's generally agreed that the first two series had their share of plot holes, GT is seen as having far more than either of them.
- Vegeta's mustache. Explanation The series early on gave Vegeta a mustache, which was quickly shaved off. Helped by dub actor Christopher Sabat choosing to pronounce it as "moo-stache", which many found extremely amusing coming from Vegeta, leading to Dragon Ball Z Abridged having Vegeta pronounce it that way too, and even a Stupid Statement Dance Mix.
Dragon Ball Super
- "This makes Dragon Ball GT look amazing!" Explanation Early on, some fans have used comparisons to GT, considered to be the weakest series of the franchise, to shame Super. However, Super abandoned the retellings of the Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F', polls have shown that most fans prefer Super over GT by far, making these complaints just a very vocal minority.
- The Goku and Vegeta Show Explanation A tongue-in-cheek nickname for Super's overt focus on the two characters in question.
- Gohan is the Saiyan Yamcha. Explanation The fandom's bitterness over Gohan's Badass Decay and the way he was treated in the Resurrection 'F' Saga and being left out of the Universe 7 team in the Champa Saga. The comparison to Yamcha is because Yamcha himself is the biggest Memetic Loser in the series since he was killed by a Saibaman.
- Is Broly back? Explanation Early in Super's run, Broly was a very requested character for the western fandom to be brought into Super since HIS POWER WAS MAXIMUM. It has become an inside joke within the fandom to ask or say that any new character is Broly. In other words, "wen broli?" Became Hilarious in Hindsight when a rebooted,canon version of Broly became the main villain for the 2018 Movie.
- Now we know where the budget for Episode 5 went.Explanation Whenever there is an episode with really good animation, several fans will joke that the budget for those episodes came from Episode 5, which was notoriously Off-Model before being fixed on DVD.
Battle of Gods Saga memes
- This still of Goku◊ has been making the rounds lately. It's not actually Off-Model, being an in-between frame designed to make the animation look more fluid, a common technique in Western Animation. Here it is in gif form◊. Subverted after it was revealed that it came from Episode 5, which upon release became infamous for being absolutely Off-Model in many scenes.
- Yeah, sure. Let's go see Yamcha. Explanation In a case of Woolseyism in the Funimation dub, during Bulma's Birthday party when she is trying to coax Vegeta into socializing with everyone else, Vegeta scoffs this as a retort. The fact that he singled out Yamcha for ridicule did not get missed by fans. Ended up becoming acknowledged because not only did Funimation tweet about it during the Toonami Broadcast, but Toonami used the line as the episode bumper and in the preview promo for the following episode. It also makes Vegeta look a bit like a Crazy Jealous Guy in retrospect after his reaction to Beerus hurting her, since Yamcha is Bulma's ex.
- "Beerus eat a Snickers"Explanation The "eat a Snickers" meme reached the Dragon Ball fandom as well, after Beerus was shown blowing up planets whenever he's not satisfied with a meal.
- "Yamcha, no!" or "It's Yamcha's fault if the world's destroyed"Explanation In response to the preview clip in Super where Yamcha gives Beerus a good-natured slap on the back and seems to accidentally set him off. Turns out the preview showed the events out of order; just as it was in the movie, Buu pissed off Beerus by not sharing pudding. Hilarious in Hindsight as Yamcha actually sets off Beerus in a later episode for blurting out the secret about Monaka in front of Goku.
- Vegeta cooking for Beerus in Super sparks some jokes from Jump Fans by renaming it "Shokugeki no Vegeta".
- "Broly Cameo!" Explanation When Vegeta initially went Super Saiyan after Bulma was struck, his eyes were pure white like Broly's.
Super Saiyan Please? Explanation In another case of Woolseyism, Goku used this phase when pleading Beerus to stop destroying the Earth, and give more time to Goku to find out about the Super Saiyan God. It was also Sean's delivery that sold it.
- WHAAAAAAAAT? Explanation From the Bang Zoom! Entertainment dub of the anime. Goku, voiced by Lex Lang, has an awkward, narm-tastic inflection, so when he fought Beerus, Bad "Bad Acting" ensued.
Resurrection 'F' Saga memes
- Whooooo-iforgotmytractor-ooooooaaaa-thathurt! Explanation In another case of Woolseyism in the dub. Goku, who was pretending to oversell a Megaton Punch from Mr. Satan, forgot to carry his tractor as he was flying away, so he double-backed for it.
Champa Saga memes
- Goku and Vegeta with full on beards◊ was quite popular among the fandom to the point that some wished Goku kept it.
- "We are the evil Universe!"Explanation When Universe 6 was shown to be a "twin" of Universe 7 (the "home" universe for the heroes), this combined with the fact that both the Saiyans and Freeza's counterpart in Universe 6 are benevolent, heroic characters, the joke came to be that obviously THIS universe is the Evil Counterpart of the two. Died down when Freeza's counterpart turned out to be not be very heroic, setting up the invasions that he stops so he gets power and fortune, and the universes not being strictly moral mirrors of each other. This meme later came back due to the Tournament of Power, with everyone hating Universe 7 due to Goku reminding Zen'O about it.
- KONO HIT DA!!! Explanation Because of Hit's ability to use Time Skip that makes it seems like he's freezing time, fans are already calling him the Dio of the series (minus Large Ham). It doesn't help that Hit tells a mob boss that his resistance is "Useless" (Muda)
- Goku is faster than time! Explanation The fandom's reaction after Goku out-speeds Hit, who froze him in time, while using his Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaio-Ken combo.
- Popo is Zen'o's dad. Explanation Thanks to Team Four Star making Mr. Popo a Memetic Badass and a Memetic Psychopath, people have joked that Mr. Popo is the father of Zen'o and the one person above him. This scene really cemented this view with the Zen'o's gaining Popo eyes.
Potaufeu Saga memes
- Vegeta chewing on a pacifier. Explanation After Vegeta has his essence drained by the Commeson and is beginning to fade, he's given the Commeson key to chew on to buy him some time. It coincidentally looks identical to a baby's pacifier, which Vegeta later sees Baby Pan sucking on.
Future Trunks Saga memes
- Future Trunks is suffering. Explanation Future Trunks was already the biggest Woobie in the franchise. Having him return because a new evil wrecked his world and killed his love ones had the fandom wanting to give Trunks a hug. And things do not get better for Trunks by the end of the saga.
- Future Trunks with blue hair dye! Explanation After Future Trunks debuted with blue hair (most likely to distinguish him from the main timeline's Trunks) and was seen holding a canister of blue liquid (actually fuel for the time machine), didn't take long for fans to make the connection.
- Super Saiyan Power Rangers! Explanation With the confirmation that Black's Super Saiyan form is called Super Saiyan Rose, which made his hair pink, fans have jokingly and mockingly compared the Super Saiyan transformations to Power Rangers: with Super Saiyan being yellow, Super Saiyan God being red, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan being blue, Broly's Legendary Super Saiyan being green, Ultimate Gohan being black, and Baby Vegeta being white.
- ZAMASU! Explanation A meme that starting to gain traction after Zamasu started to show more hatred towards mortals, causing Gowasu to sternly shout "ZAMASU!" Started picking up traction on 4chan's Anime and Manga board.
- Gowasu the GodTuber Explanation After the revelation that Gowasu watches a YouTube analogue called GodTube, and even jokes about becoming a "GodTuber", it has become an ongoing joke that the reason why Gowasu doesn't notice the evil growing in Zamasu's heart is because he's too busy posting GodTube comments. Gowasu posting GodTube videos with clickbait titles is also common. This branches into another meme that all Whis' images on his staff are actually GodTube videos, like Goku turning into a Super Saiyan against Frieza, and the entire tournament between U6 and U7 was live streamed by Vados and him. Related to that, it has become popular to post images of Gowasu watching television with photoshop pictures and gifs, like him watching Dragonball Evolution or Zamasu being killed by Beerus.
- With the revelation in the Tournament of Power that there's a GodPad, there have been all sorts of God websites, apps, and devices that the fandom have come up with.
- Ningen Explanation The word "ningen", literally meaning human/person, was used heavily in the Future Trunks arc of Super to refer to anyone that wasn't a god, particularly by Zamasu. There was some contention whether to translate the term as "human" or "mortal", seeing as aliens aren't quite "human" and gods in Dragon Ball are not immortal. As a result, many fans simply use the word "ningen" either for simplicity for because it's funnier on account of how often Zamasu used it. Compilations of Zamasu and/or Black using the word "ningen" are also common.
- Turles is now canon! Explanation Initial reactions to Goku Black being revealed included comparisons to the original Evil Goku, Turles, an inexplicable doppelganger. Some went as far to say they expected Goku Black to have a similar backstory, being a Goku from a timeline where he did not hit his head in his timeline and never lost his inherent Saiyan violence.
- Everyone referring to Goku Black as "that Black guy" has led to a lot of jokes about how Earth's mightiest heroes are racist.
- Trunks stopping the soldiers from shooting Goku in the dub with "Hold your fire! This man isn't Black!" became one because of how completely off it sounds out of context. Given that the dub airs on [adult swim], this was very likely intentional.
- Goten is Black.Explanation Because of Goku Black's slimmer build compared to Goku, fans thought it was possible that Black was an adult Goten, and it quickly became an extremely pervasive fan theory. Some enjoyed the theory for it being ironic that an evil Goten would torture Future Trunks, while present Goten and Trunks are best friends. Many others thought the idea was dumb because it made very little sense. Even after the reveal of Black's identity, "Goten is Black" is asserted as truth by people having a laugh, whether or not the conversation was about Black.
- West Supreme Kai is Goku Black. Explanation An in-joke that started to gain track on 4chan, where Goku Black, instead of being Zamasu, is the Supreme Kai of the West that was killed by Majin Buu, coming back for revenge. Based on her AF version by Toyotaro, the meme involves photoshopping pictures to make it look like he is the deceased Supreme Kai, and probably to make the awkward interactions with Zamasu even funnier.
- SUBARASHII! Explanation A word Goku Black often used which translates to "magnificent".
- Hakai!Explanation When Beerus uses this technique to annihilate Zamasu, fans made jokes about Beerus using a Ctrl+Alt+Del command or variants, such as Crtl+Z, Alt-F4, etc as a Deadly Euphemism.
- Goku is a lip virgin. Explanation After witnessing Future Trunks give Future Mai a senzu bean through his lips Goku implies that he never kissed Chi Chi on the lips despite being married for decades and having two children.
- The Evilest Bro-hug in the Universe. Explanation The justice hug between Black and Zamasu. In a pretty emotional episode for the heroes, this flashback of Black and Zamasu hugging after meeting for the first time caught many by surprise. A lot of fans started to joke about the scene with many touching on how creepy and hilarious it is.
- "Vegeta-sama! That's why!" Explanation Adding onto Vegeta's "Prince of all Saiyans" meme, he stated this line when explaining why he was stronger than Goku Black, which became a hit among Vegeta fans.
SON! GOKU!! Explanation Fusion Zamasu's completely over the top scream after Goku used the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken combo to break his halo. It is also considered great vocal work for Shin-ichiro Miki and is the measuring stick used for anyone playing Zamasu in the dub.
- YOU AGAIN TRUNKS!!? Explanation For much the same reason as the "SON GOKU" meme. Fusion Zamasu losing it when Future Trunks interferes, yet again, with him killing Goku and Vegeta.
- "PRAISE AND ADORE HIM!" Explanation The title of the debut episode of Fusion Zamasu is popular in some circles, with people using the quote with other characters such as Vegito, Arale, or Yamcha (especially so after his "Yamcha Is Number One" mission and the baseball episode where he won the game).
- Zamasu did nothing wrong! Explanation A tongue-in-cheek joke about how Zamasu wasn't wrong about wanting to destroy mortals because they're terrible. This meme has gotten a lot of use during the Universal Survival Saga with fans calling Goku the villain of the arc since he reminded Zen'o of the tournament that would lead to seven universes being erased.
Universe Survival Saga memes
- FEMBROLY!!! Explanation The first trailer for Universal Survival Saga showcases the originally unknown Kale, a female Universe 6 Saiyan who transforms into a Legendary Super Saiyan like form, making her appear as a clear gender-flipped Broly.
- Male Kale◊ Explanation Coined by Kaiser Neko of Team Four Star, certain fans have toyed around with Distaff Counterpart relationship between Broly and Kale by referring to Broly as Kale's "non-canon male clone". This continued even when Broly did eventually get canonized through the Dragon Ball Super: Broly film.
- Goku's the villain! Explanation Goku reminded Zen'o of the multiverse tournament he promised back in the Champa Saga, and he did this despite Beerus and Whis warning him not to get involved with Zen'o anymore. This has fans both teasingly and seriously calling Goku a "villain" because the universes that lose the Tournament of Power will be erased. It's through sheer dumb luck that Zen'o was actually planning on eventually erasing the 8 universes fighting in the tournament anyway, on account of their "Mortal Levels" being very unsatisfactory. Also fueling this meme is the original Sun Wukong's disposition and the ending of Episode 81 framing Goku as very antagonistic towards the Gods, which is making all of them see him as the villain of the story in-universe.
- Android 17 ranging the hell out of that park. Explanation After Akira Toriyama confirms that 17 became a park ranger after the Cell Games, Team Four Star went with this, and the fans quote the line after seeing him in the Buu Saga. It's now full circle when 18 tells Goku and Gohan that 17 became a park ranger with a shot of him overlooking the wildlife preserve while quoting said line.
- Android 17 reached godhood by fighting poachers. Explanation Often used by detractors of Android 17 to mock how he was able to become strong enough to fight Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku.
- Make Gohan Great Again! Explanation With Gohan seemingly playing a major role in the Universal Survival Saga and getting back his Ultimate form, fans are hopeful that Gohan will finally shake off his Badass Decay.
- KALE IS SUPER SAND LESBIAN! Explanation Due to the interactions of Kale and Caulifla in Episode 93, particularly Kale's, plenty of people have been referring to Kale as the Super Sand Lesbian, thanks to this masterpiece.
- Princess Cabba... Explanation Another Broly-related Team Four Star reference arose upon the sudden reveal of SSJB Kale's psychotic obsession in taking down Cabba.
Kale: Princess Cabba...
Cabba: Please, no...
Kale: You lied to me/You took Caulifla away from me...
Cabba: I did no such thing!
Kale: You dirty boy.
Cabba (panicking): Caulifla, get me off this planet right now, I'm serious! Instant Transmission!
- Teleports behind you / Get Lost Explanation When Goku tried to introduce himself to Jiren, he quickly teleported behind him and told him to get lost. Due to the popularity of both the "Teleporting Behind You Meme" and "Nothing Personnel Kid", this immediately got memed when people saw this line.
- If X achieves Y, I'm done with Z! Explanation After some episode previews suggested that Caulifla wanted to learn Super Saiyan Blue from Goku, some fans immediately called foul and complained that this would cause Uniqueness Decay for the form, stating that "If Caulifla achieves Super Saiyan Blue, I'm quitting Super". Needless to say, this overblown reaction quickly got mocked endlessly, with people claiming that if a certain character (X) achieved a certain form (Y), they would quit watching a series (Z). Bear in mind that X, Y and Z do not have to be related to each other or Dragon Ball, resulting in such quotes as "If Spider-Man reaches his perfect form, I'm quitting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", etc.
- Mentor/Mentee Christmas Saving Wave of Love! Explanation After Caulifla and Kale pull off a Combined Energy Wave to overpower General Kahseral's squadron of teammates, some fans have pointed out how visually similar Caulifla's red Full Power Energy Wave wrapping around Kale's large, green version is to a candy cane. As a result, it leads to another Dragon Ball Abridged reference involving Goku fighting against Lord Slug, empowered by the belief that he's saving Christmas.
- This is the true power of the No Fap! Explanation On 4chan and other imageboards, the "No Fap" is an event where the users avoid masturbating. A lot of people on 4chan started to joke that Roshi "tranining with Puar" to avoid his "carnals feelings" during the Tournament of Power was this.
- Tien is the new Yamcha. Explanation Following his elimination in the Universal Tournament this opinion has been rapidly growing, especially due to the lack of fanfare compared to Krillin's sudden ring out. Further exemplified by this video.
- Dr. Rota is called a doctor because... Explanation On online forums it has become common to mimic Dr. Rota's only gag about not being able to finish his sentence before being attacked by stronger opponents.
Gohan Blanco. Explanation On 4chan, due to a derail in the threads, the users started to joke about Gohan obtaining a unique form of Super Saiyan with white hair due to "Angelic ki" (supposedly stronger than Godly ki, according to the "theory"). This, in turn, lead to a mockery of the Spanish-speaking community fanbase which tends to create fan theories that range on the absurd. Now there are fans making parodies of those absurd fan-theories with the Super Saiyan White Gohan defeating Jiren and the Grand Priest (or as he is called, "El Grande Padre", with some broken Spanish added to the mix). Considering that Gohan was the first of the Universe 7 members to get eliminated in the final showdown between Universe 11, and a form with white hair ended up being given to Goku as Mastered Ultra Instinct rather than to him, people are mocking this meme to merciless levels now.
GOKU BLANCO. Explanation Advertising in Japan spoiled the revealed look of Goku's Mastered Ultra Instinct, which as it turns out gives him white hair. The Dragon Ball community went absolutely mad with the sheer coincidental comparison to the Gohan Blanco meme that was rampant not too long ago.
- El Hermano de Jiren Explanation Spanish for "Jiren's brother". Usually shortened to just "El Hermano" (the brother). A teaser for a new line of Dragon Ball Super figures included one silhouetted "mystery figure" that didn't appear at that point of the series yet. Even though the silhouette was said to be just a placeholder that does not represent how the new character looks, since it looked a bit like Jiren one Latin Americanr, in an effort to create clickbait content, speculated that it will be Jiren's brother, which he represented as a Palette Swap of Jiren aside from his larger head. In response, the community at large took the character as a mean for shitposting, alongside "Gohan Blanco" memes. The "mystery figure" was eventually revealed to be Kefla, but by that point the meme already caught on. When Jiren's backstory was revealed, making him somewhat similar to Sasuke Uchiha, people then made El Hermano an Itachi Uchiha parody in response. The character's meme status was such that versus videos and video game mods were created in response.
- Hit's gonna do his job!◊ Explanation A play on words of Hit's resolve against Jiren. Throughout the episode "Hit vs. Jiren", Hit repeats his settlement that it's his duty to take care of Jiren no matter what happens, even if it costs him, to buy his remaining teammates any advantage. His usage of "job" could easily be swapped for the wrestling term, making a hilarious connection that Hit's aware that he'll have to fall in order to make Jiren look more dangerous than before.
- Jiren glaring at things. Explanation Jiren's recurring tendency to be able to No-Sell things (Spirit Bomb, Hit's Time Erasure) or repel opponents (Rabanra, Goku, Hit) that seem otherwise impossible to survive by glaring at them. Fans in some circles (particularly among the VS Battles community) have turned his stare into a Memetic Badass, implying that he can beat anyone or negate any attack by looking pissed enough.
- Jiren Facts. Explanation Further contributing to Jiren's Memetic Badass status, fans tend to exaggerate his power to being able to achieve feats that are deemed impossible, essentially making him the Chuck Norris of the Dragon Ball franchise.
- "X" is still in the tournament; that's just their clone in the stands! Explanation Following the ring outs of Tien and Hit, users known for creating pseudo-clones as one of their techniques, some fans made theories attempting to rationalize a last-minute reveal that both users managed to fool the audience and their opponents with bait and switch. Realizing its ludicrous nature, other fans decided to poke fun by escalating existing theories or applying it to other fallen characters jokingly.
- "It's neat, so it's safe". Explanation Despite the Tournament of Power having rules against the use of objects, the Zen'os have been pretty lighthearted with this rule, allowing some of the participants to wield weapons (like Universe 3 fighters), or Roshi's equipment with the Evil Containment Wave, or hell, allowing Caulifla and Kale to do a Potara freaking Fusion, which requires the Supreme Kai earrings, has lead to some fans to simply use Zen'o's statement as a way to ignore the rules of the Tournament in general.
- Ultra Instinct "X" Explanation After Goku achieved his Ultra Instinct form in the Wham Episode two-parter of episode 109 & 110, it's become common to edit certain scenes where characters from other franchises demonstrate slow-mo dodging while also looking awesome to be accompanied by the song that accompanied Goku.
- Ultra Instinct Shaggy Explanation The most popular Ultra Instinct meme variation is of Shaggy Rogers from Scooby-Doo!, remixing his fight scene from Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur with DBS music and effects. Ultra Instinct Shaggy got a ton of fanart, is often lumped together with other meme characters like Gohan Blanco and El Hermano, and is a main character in the fan series Dragon Ball X.
- Ultra Instinct Roshi Explanation When Chapter 39 of the Super manga was released, it featured Roshi effortlessly dodging punches from Jiren, the absurdity of which lead to jokes about him achieving Ultra Instinct and being the one to defeat Jiren.
- Bouncing Caulifla Explanation During the battle between Goku and Caulifla/Kale, there's one part when Caulifla is prepared to attack Goku and Caulifla does a fighting pose, which many people were quick to point out caused some Gainaxing on Caulifla.
- Ribrianne outlasted X! Explanation Many people didn't like Ribrianne, so once she was taken out, a lot of people realized that she outlasted many powerful fighters (with more potential), like a lot of Universe 6's warriors (in particular, Hit, Caulifla, Kale, and the fusion of the latter two, Kefla). Becomes even more hilarious when you realize that more than half of the fighters from Universe 3 have even outlasted Ribrianne. In the manga, it's even more hilarious, as Hit's battle against Jiren happens right after Universe 9 gets erased as opposed to in the middle of the Tournament of Power, therefore, Hit happened to get outlasted not only by Ribrianne, but also by eight members of Universe 10, a lot of Universe 4 fighters (Hit outlasted Monna in the manga, while in the anime, it was the opposite), Botamo, Magetta, and Roshi. One chapter later, and Ribrianne and her Maiden Squadron get outlasted by SEVEN members of Universe 3.
- Vegeta getting pushed off the arena Explanation In the preview of Episode 119, which involves Universe 4's final warriors using stealth against Universe 7, we see a shot of Vegeta seemingly getting pushed off the arena by Gamisaras. Needless to say, there have been memes mocking Vegeta for jobbing against Gamisaras and Damon. Ultimately, in the episode proper, Vegeta grabs onto the arena border to avoid being eliminated, while it is Piccolo who is eliminated later by the stealthy warriors.
- Android 17, MVP for Universe 7 in the Tournament of Power. Most Assists. Explanation By the time the Tournament of Power was reaching its end, it was noted how Android 17 had an overall outstanding performance through the tournament, including becoming one of the final four warriors of Universe 7, outlasting the likes of Piccolo and Gohan, which was made all the more surprising considering that he was pretty much Put on a Bus once the arc that introduced him ended, and before Super only made one brief return in GT in a pretty minor role as a Brainwashed and Crazy Unwitting Pawn of the villains. As such, this led fans to jokingly grant him many sports accolades, and also led to many tributes when he ended up sacrificing himself to save Universe 7's team... And it turns out he was still alive and in the game even after said sacrifice, being one of the last few characters in the tournament and stalling Jiren despite all the damage he'd already taken after Goku's Ultra Instinct starts to take its toll on his body. Finally, he ends up not only being the sole survivor of the Tournament of Power, but also performs the selfless deed of using his wish to bring back all of the fallen universes. At this point, 17 has more than reached Memetic Badass status in the fandom.
- Give that man a boat! Explanation When questioned by Goku about what he would use the Dragon Balls to wish for, 17 simply answered that he wants a boat that he can sail on with his family. That coupled with many of the fandom referring to him as the MVP of Universe 7 has led to this being the rallying cry every time 17 pulls off a Big Damn Heroes moment. And then he became the winner of the Tournament of Power, using his wish to revive all of the erased universes. And when we last see him at the end of the saga, he gets that boat. Needless to say, he deserved it.
- OHOHOHO INTENSIFIES! Explanation Frieza's tendency to announce his presence with his signature Noblewoman's Laugh throughout the tournament, coupled with his repeated shit-heel actions made this into a gag with the fandom.
- OHOHOHO STOPS Explanation An image depicting Frieza's face along with that phrase as closed captions when he realizes Toppo's ball of Destruction Energy is not nearly as "weak" as the one from the leader of Universe 9's assassins.
- One-Punch Jiren Explanation After Jiren's awe-inspiring puch to Maji Kayo in episode 107, people have taken to compare him to another guy known for ludicrously powerful fists.
Latin American Spanish dub
- "¡Vuela, pega y esquiva!" ("Fly, Hit and Dodge!")labelnote:ExplanationThe refrain of the opening song in the Latin American Spanish dub (the dubbed version of "Chōzetsu Dynamic!"). It's as narmy as it sounds, and when the opening was revealed by Cartoon Network L.A., manyrs wasted no time in making fun of it.
- "Borra este video o cancelarán X." ("Take this video down or they'll cancel X.") Explanation It started out as a reaction of people fearing the Latin American dub would be cancelled because people upload clips of it on YouTube, but people quickly began to make fun of this by replacing Super with another series in the comment.
- "Adrian Barba sang it better." Explanation A reaction of Latin American fans who were displeased with the official dubs of the opening and ending themes of Super, and prefer the fandub by Adrian Barba, who sang the second opening and ending of Z. Some fans jokingly took it to escalate it into saying that Adrian Barba could have done anything in Super better.
Abmv maquettes limoges airport
Cobaq 1 queretaro direccion
Joquei clube brasileiro do rj corridas
Reklama5 modafen tablets
Le troquet wien kirchengasse 1800petmeds
Para que sirve el tanderil tablets
Caranguejo dos coqueiros videos comicos
Para que sirve el fentermina efectos